About the Course
This is the oldest and vast discipline of Engineering which covers three sub- disciplines such as Structural Engineering, Geotechnical Engineering and Water Resources Engineering besides many other areas such as Surveying, Building materials and construction, Environmental engineering and Transportation Engineering which includes highways, railways and airport engineering. The course is also supplemented by Construction management, Estimation of material quantity ,finance and accountancy.
To be a part of the universal human quest for development and progress by contributing high calibre, ethical and socially responsible engineers who meet
the global challenge of building a modern society in harmony with nature
- To attain excellence in imparting technical education from the undergraduate to through doctoral levels by
adopting coherent and judiciously coordinated curricular and co-curricular programs.
- To foster a partnership with industry and Governmental agencies through collaborative research and consultancy.
- To nurture and strengthen auxiliary soft skills for overall development and improved employability in a multicultural workspace.
- To develop scientific temper and spirit of enquiry in order to harness the innovative talents.
- To develop a constructive attitude in the students towards the task of nation-building and empower them to become future leaders.
- To nourish the entrepreneurial instincts of the students and hone their business acumen.
- To involve the student and faculty in solving local community problems through economical and sustainable solutions.
Laboratories for the Course
- Structural Design Lab
- Advance Concrete Lab
- Virtual Smart Structure and Dynamics Lab